Exchange Club Awards Celebration
Our Annual Awards Celebration was held on Tuesday, April 24th, at Kingdom Ministries in Lansing. Almost 150 guests gathered to celebrate the work of the Club and to recognize those in our community who help support family, country, community, and the prevention of child abuse. We were honored again to have Sheri Jones from WLNS as our emcee. We were inspired by the words of our keynote speaker, Karlin J. Tichenor, Ph.D., Executive director of the Office of School Culture, Lansing School District. Club President, Stanley Chase, Ph.D., was presented a proclamation by Lansing Mayor Andy Schor
The following awards were presented during the dinner:
- Proudly We Hail Award - Sundance Chevrolet for their display of patriotism
- Child Advocate of the Year - Michelle Nicholson, Executive Director, Early Childhood Services, Ingham Intermediate School District.
- Book of Golden Deeds - Joan Jackson Johnson, Ph.D.
- Accepting the Challenge of Excellence - Students who graduated despite great challenges. Cody Dexter, Holt High School and Emma DeRogatis-Frilingos, East Lansing High School.
- Fire Fighter of the Year - Engineer Krishna Singh, Lansing Fire Department.
- Law Enforcement Officer of the Year - Detective Shannon Thielen, Lansing Police Department.