2016 Exchange Club Awards Celebration
Our Annual Awards Celebration was held on Tuesday, April 12th, at Lansing Community College's West Campus. Almost 100 guests gathered to celebrate the work of the Club and to recognize those in our community who help support family, country, community, and the prevention of child abuse. We were honored again to have Sheri Jones from WLNS as our emcee. We were inspired by the words of our keynote speaker, Tashmica "Firecracker" Torok, Executive Director of the Firecracker Foundation for abused children.
The following awards were presented during the dinner:
- Proudly We Hail Award - Shaheen Chevrolet for their display of patriotism
- Child Advocate of the Year - Javier Cavazos, President of the Capital Area Youth Sports Association
- Public Official of the Year - Thomas Fruechtenicht, Chief Referee (Magistrate), 30th Judicial Circuit Court, Family Division
- Unsung Hero of the Year - Angela Wanger, special education teacher and main caregiver for her daughter and 6 siblings
- Accepting the Challenge of Excellence - Jasmine Boyd, a graduating senior at Holt High School