2016 Exchange Club Awards Celebration
Our Annual Awards Celebration was held on Tuesday, April 12th, at Lansing Community College's West Campus. Almost 100 guests gathered to celebrate the work of the Club and to recognize those in our community who help support family, country, community, and the prevention of child abuse. We were honored again to have Sheri Jones from WLNS as our emcee. We were inspired by the words of our keynote speaker, Tashmica "Firecracker" Torok, Executive Director of the Firecracker Foundation for abused children.
The following awards were presented during the dinner:
- Proudly We Hail Award - Shaheen Chevrolet for their display of patriotism
- Child Advocate of the Year - Javier Cavazos, President of the Capital Area Youth Sports Association
- Public Official of the Year - Thomas Fruechtenicht, Chief Referee (Magistrate), 30th Judicial Circuit Court, Family Division
- Unsung Hero of the Year - Angela Wanger, special education teacher and main caregiver for her daughter and 6 siblings
- Accepting the Challenge of Excellence - Jasmine Boyd, a graduating senior at Holt High School
Welcome! Thank you for taking the time to visit the Exchange Club of Greater Lansing, MI and the Exchange Youth Foundation, a separate 501(c)3 affiliate organization.
These two great organizations are working together to serve the communities that we live in, with a commitment to:
- The Prevention of Child Abuse - Protecting Vulnerable Children
- Community Service - Working to Do Good
- Families - Not Only Our Own Families, But All Families
- Country - Encouraging Patriotism
Exchange Club Supports Child Abuse Prevention
The Exchange Club of Greater Lansing was pleased to present a check for $5511.16 to Kathy Kelly, Child Abuse Prevention Network, and Julie Thomasma, Executive Director of Child and Family Charities. The check represented monies raised during our annual Thanksgiving and Christmas ham and turkey sales. The Club has conducted these sales for many years and are proud to support the work of Child and Family Services.
The Children's Trust Fund Debuts New Video
The Trust Fund serves as a voice for Michigan's children and families, and promotes their health, safety, and welfare by funding effective local programs and services that prevent child abuse and neglect. Learn more by visiting Children's Trust Fund.